Monday, June 16, 2008

Braces X 2!!!

So something I have been dreading for a while now has begun. BOTH of my children are in need of braces. I knew this day was coming, but I didnt want it to happen so fast! I cannot believe how much braces are and how little insurance covers.. After Insurance I am kicking out about 9K!!! Oucha bah-goucha! I can tell by looking that my oldest needs them, and I am thankful that we are starting now so he can be done with them (hopefully) by his senior year. He is not liking the pain so well and knowing what lies ahead, he definitely would opt out if he had a choice (WHICH HE DOES NOT!) He will be having teeth pulled and visits are almost bi-weekly at this stage (we are only at the beginning!) My youngest at first glance, has straight teeth. Well, the Dr. decided to take his impressions and those pesky X-rays, and blew that whole idea out the water. The poor child has teeth turning and his fronts will be a "V" if he doesnt get them now, so of course, he too is in the process of pain. After both children getting spacers, we now have anchors in for the baby and top braces and bands on the oldest, as well as anchors on the bottom for the oldest. Baby boy goes back Wednesday for his actual top & bottom braces so the milkshake train (along with his pudding & jello compartments) will be pulled into the station and hanging around for quite some time. I will keep you posted with pictures to follow. You will be amazed at my oldest sons before and (in a few months and years) after shots. The baby, not so much since they caught his early, but man them x-rays were enough to sell me!! Ok, so off to get my next post ready which is totally devoted to my store.

TTFN!

No comments: